Most Optimized Server Platforms for Enterprise, HPC/DC and Cloud Computing
Supermicro's patented Twin Architecture with up to 16 DIMMs per node for Highest performance is the foundation of the most advanced server platforms in HPC/Data Center, Cloud Computing and Enterprise IT applications. These high performance, high density systems feature optimum airflow for energy efficient cooling, easy maintenance and high availability with hot-swappable nodes and redundant power supply modules. These systems also feature the latest CPU and interconnect technologies for maxium processing performance and data throughput.
1U Twin is an innovative 1U rackmount system designed to increase computing density while reducing cost, energy and space requirements.
With two systems (or two nodes) within a 1U space, the 1U Twin can support up to 16 processor cores - two systems each housing two quad-core Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 Series.
- Two nodes in one 1U system - save chassis, power supply, and rack costs
- Double the density and computing power - save IT space rental costs
- Higher power utilization increases power supply efficiency - save energy costs
- Reduce power cables and power strips for easy cabling, better airflow and reduced cabling costs
- Operate and maintain two systems in one physical space - save maintenance / management costs
- Perfect for HPC computing cluster, data center / data farm, search engine nodes, and high-availability applications
The 2U Twin is the latest addition to Supermicro's family of twin servers. 2U Twin introduces an innovative architecture where the devices are hot-swappable to facilitate ease of maintenance, reduce/eliminate down time, while saving power and space by sharing the same chassis and power supplies.
The new 2U Twin server features two compute nodes with x16 non-blocking native Gen2 PCI-Express connectivity to the processor and redundant 1400-watt Gold Level (93%+ efficiency) power supplies for maximum availability. Each compute node supports six hot-swap 3.5" SATA drives to deliver unprecedented I/O performance, and an industry leading 6 hot-swap HDD per 1U. Connectivity options include 40Gb/s onboard QDR InfiniBand, and 20Gb/s onboard DDR InfiniBand.
These highly parallel systems are optimized for a wide range of graphics and computationally intensive applications in fields like HPC, Medical imaging, Oil and gas exploration, Quantum chemistry, Financial simulation, Genomics, and Astrophysics.
Building upon our successful 1U Twin technology, the innovative 2U Twin2® system architecture achieves breakthrough x86 server performance-per-watt (375 GFLOPS/kW, up to 25% net gain over other top tiers' 1U servers) to further satisfy the ever-increasing efficiency, density and low-TCO demands of today's high performance computing (HPC) clusters and data centers.
2U Twin2® servers are compatible with existing and upcoming Supermicro twin boards, and they feature not only hot-swappable hard drives and power supplies, but also the computing nodes to facilitate easy installation and maintenance.
For high availability, 2U Twin2® servers also provide redundant power and three 3.5" hard drives per node for RAID 5 data protection.
Supermicro extends its lead in Twin server technology with the 2U Twin3 (2U Twin Cubed) 2015TA-HTRF system that includes eight hot-pluggable Intel® Atom™ Dual-Core processor nodes in a 2U form factor (two nodes per single hot-swap unit).
Each node also supports 4 GB of non-ECC DDR3-800 MHz SO-DIMM, dual Gigabit Ethernet LAN, 2 USB ports, IPMI 2.0 with virtual media over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support, and 3x 2.5" SATA hot-swap HDDs.
The system also includes (1+1) redundant 720W Gold Level power supplies with PMBus, and four heavy-duty fans with optimized fan speed controls. The 2U Twin3 eight-node system is optimized for high-density and low-power environments such as cost-effective data centers, industrial process control, small offices, web proxy servers or cache servers.
Broadest Spectrum of Twin Products with
- Highest Performance-per-Watt
- Highest Performance-per-Dollar
- 16 DIMMs and 512GB DDR 1600 MHz Memory per node
- Dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 Series
- Up to 6x3.5” or 12x2.5 SAS2 (2208,2108,2008)/SATA3 HDDs/ SSDs per node
- PCI-E 3.0 x8 MicroLP slot for 56Gb/s ConnectX-3 FDR IB or 10 GbE SFP+
- SATA DOM Support
- Server Management with onboard IPMI 2.0 / Dedicated LAN