The Supermicro TwinBlade is the most technologically advanced blade server system in the industry.
Supporting up to 120 DP servers with 240 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 family processors per 42U rack, the TwinBlade achieves an unmatched 0.35U per DP node. With N+1 redundant, high efficiency (94%) 2500W/3000W power supplies, the TwinBlade is the Greenest, most energy-efficient blade server in the industry.
Networking options include up to two 4x FDR (56Gbps) InfiniBand switches, up to two 1/10GbE or 10GbE switches, and/or a 1GbE pass-through mdoule. They give the TwinBlade the bandwidth to support the most demanding applications. Onboard IPMI 2.0 with KVM over IP and remote Virtual Media over LAN enables ease of management and control.
Two nodes per TwinBlade Processor Blade. Each node supports:
- Dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family 95W processor wattage
- Intel® 5500 chipset
- 128GB DDR3 ECC Registered DIMMs; 32GB Unbuffered DIMMs
- Intel® 82576 Dual-Port Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 2x 2.5" hot-plug drive bays for SATA and SSD
- Integrated Matrox G200eW graphics
- Integrated IPMI 2.0 with remote KVM and virtual media
- Mellanox ConnectX QDR InfiniBand
- Cost effectiveness
- Industry leading density
- Lowest TCO
- Highest energy efficiency (Green Computing)
- Best performance / watt
- Ease of management
- Best reliability
- HPC supercomputing
- Cloud computing
- Data centers
- Oil & Gas exploration
- Financial modeling
- Scientific and Engineering computing
* Peak performance and power efficiency figures based on internal testing results.