Eliminating noise with a silent power PC
A silent power PC provides noiseless operation in work environments where the slightest hum from cooling fans or power sources can be a distraction. Most silent PCs are installed in settings such as audio studios, engineering labs, live performance venues, and video editing suites.
Thinkmate provides a family of virtually silent workstations that combine a sound-absorbing dual-chamber chassis, silent PC cooling components and 3-year warranty, along with the ability to custom-configure each workstation to exact specifications.
Building a silent power PC
A silent power PC workstation incorporates a number of technologies and strategies to minimize the sound generated by a computer's power supply.
- Employing higher efficiency parts helps to reduce waste heat and minimizes the need for airflow, which also reduces the noise generated by fans.
- Choosing quieter fans and more intelligent fan controllers helps to reduce the sound generated from these cooling devices.
- Deploying powerful heatsinks helps to noiselessly dissipate heat and reduce the need for fans.
- Neatly organizing components and cables can maximize room for airflow and reduce the sound generated by turbulence as air flows through the computer casing.
- Using low-noise components can help to reduce the audible whine from electrical coils and power supplies.
- Soundproofing techniques and insulation can help to dampen or contain sound within the computer case.
A silent power PC from Thinkmate
Thinkmate has been providing custom-configured computer servers, storage, and workstations for customers for more than 25 years. Our VSX line of silent power PCs features fourth-generation silent design, balancing performance needs with low-noise operation to deliver a virtually silent desktop PC.
Each VSX workstation can be ordered and priced online with Thinkmate's configurator, which has more customizable options than any other system builder on the web. As you select and swap out components, you'll see the change in price reflected immediately, giving you an accurate price quote at all times. And if you're unable to find exactly what you need online, our expert solution architects are available to help answer questions and provide assistance in configuring systems to make sure you get the best quiet PC for your needs.
Components of a Thinkmate silent power PC
Thinkmate silent power PC workstations are available with 1-2 processors, including Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7/i9 Processors, Intel® Core™ X-series Processors, Intel® Xeon® W Processors, Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors. You also have the choice of 1-2 GPUs and maximum RAM up to 2TB DDR4 ECC RDIMMs. Our workstations feature up to 7 PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots and up to 8 SATA drive bays.
A silent power PC from Thinkmate is built with components and features that include:
- Specially designed heatsinks and fans, including an ultra-quiet 120 mm double ball bearing fan to maximize cooling.
- Silent power PC supplies that include flat, modular cables that can be easily routed to improve airflow through the chassis.
- A high-efficiency design that minimizes the use of electricity to reduce the generation of heat.
- An intelligent fan speed system that cools the machine more efficiently.
- Solid-state drives, which do not have spinning platters like hard disk drives and therefore need no extra cooling.
- A dual-chamber chassis that reduces heat by increasing airflow efficiency and minimizes noise by keeping the power supply separate from other components. Soundproofing insulation and three-layer construction of the chassis walls help to improve sound absorption for the most silent PC operation.
- A 3-year warranty with advanced parts replacement at no extra cost can be upgraded to a 5-year warranty with advanced replacement or next business day on-site service.
Advantages of a silent power PC
When you purchase your silent power PC workstations from Thinkmate, you can count on:
- Quality. Our ability to produce quiet PCs of the highest quality has cemented our reputation as a #1 server solutions provider for more than 25 years.
- Value. We have the same direct relationship with suppliers as the big name brand manufacturers, enabling us to offer systems with pricing that is on par with or better than our competitors.
- USA-made equipment. Every Thinkmate machine is built and stress-tested in our state-of-the-art facilities in Massachusetts.
- Reliability. Detailed reliability records and stress-testing protocols have helped us build a hard-earned reputation for reliability.
- Service. When you need customer service, you'll always find real people, not robots, providing excellent customer service by phone.
FAQs: What is a silent power PC?
What is a silent power PC?
A silent power PC is a computer workstation built with quiet power supplies that help to minimize or eliminate the noise made by the machine as it operates.
What are the uses of a silent power PC?
Silent power PCs may be used in any setting where maximum or complete silence is needed. Typically, a silent power PC can be found in audio recording studios, video editing suites, live performance venues, home theater settings, laboratories and engineering studios, gaming equipment, and in any space where an individual prefers not to be disturbed by the noise of their computer.
Speak with an Expert Configurator at 1-800-371-1212