Containing server and storage cost
Data center administrators today face great pressure to contain costs while increasing capacity and enhancing performance. One key to this effort is reducing the cost of provisioning and operating servers and storage solutions. By working with the right technology partners, data center administrators can deploy solutions with industry-leading performance while improving resource utilization and holding the line on storage and server costs.
Thinkmate serves as a premier technology provider to customers in business, education, and government, delivering highly reliable equipment that helps to lower server and storage cost on acquisition, as well as the total cost of ownership (TCO) over time.
How to lower server and storage cost
When seeking to minimize server and storage cost, there are several strategies that organizations can adopt that help to reduce expenses without sacrificing performance.
- Custom-building servers. When buying off-the-shelf products, customers inevitably pay for features and functionality they don't need. Working with a white box solutions provider to custom build solutions can help to significantly reduce server and storage cost by provisioning equipment with the ideal mix of components to desired achieve levels of performance, capacity, and cost-savings.
- Choosing reliable equipment. The longer your product lifecycle, the more value you can get from it and the lower your total cost of ownership.
- Explore virtualization. A virtual infrastructure can help to reduce server and storage costs by partitioning resources so that multiple virtual machines can run at the same time on a single server. As a result, data centers can improve server utilization while reducing the cost of hardware support contracts, disaster recovery infrastructure, power and cooling, and network and storage infrastructure as well as administrative costs.
Thinkmate: Low-cost server and storage solutions
Thinkmate has been providing customers with custom-built computer servers, storage solutions, and workstations since 1986. Our high-quality equipment along with our deep technical knowledge and excellent customer service has made us an invaluable technology partner to customers in a wide range of industries.
Our highly competitive pricing is the result of our strong, direct relationships with direct suppliers – the same companies that the large-scale integrators and big-name brands use to source their components. As the #1 white box solutions provider, we are able to reduce server and storage costs to provide pricing that is on par with or better than our competitors.
To help reduce server and storage cost, we provide:
- Highly reliable equipment, thanks to detailed reliability records and our stress-testing protocols. In fact, we are so confident in the quality of our equipment that we offer a standard 3-year warranty with advanced parts replacement at no extra cost on every machine we build.
- Completely customized equipment. Every Thinkmate machine is 100% customized to the needs of the customer. That enables our customers to always pay only for the functionality they require, and to custom-build every machine for greater efficiency, higher performance, and ideal capacity.
- Virtualization options. Our broad portfolio of VMware® Virtual SAN Ready Systems offers the highest number of configuration options to provide best-in-market reliability, performance, cooling, and power consumption capacity. We also offer VMware vSphere, the industry-leading virtualization platform that empowers users to virtualize any application with confidence. And our offering of VMware EVO: RAIL helps to simplify VM creation and management.
Thinkmate makes estimating server and storage costs easy
When you source servers, storage solutions, workstations and systems from Thinkmate, our world-class configurator will help you minimize server and storage costs. Our configurator offers more customizable options than any other system builder on the web, enabling you to completely customize every machine to your exact needs – and to avoid paying for anything you don't need.
Building a machine with Thinkmate is easy – you can start with a base model server or storage solution and quickly configure it by adding or substituting components. The price of every machine and every component is clearly marked on our website for complete pricing transparency, and as you configure your device, you'll see the total server or storage cost listed at the top of the page.
Thinkmate: Your best source for servers and storage
Our storage and server solutions include:
- General-purpose rackmount servers that feature a proven high level of reliability and performance, supporting the latest technologies in CPU, GPU, storage, networking, and memory while leveraging industry-leading performance-per-watt savings.
- High-density servers that allow you to operate and maintain up to 8 systems in one physical space, providing industry-leading density for HPC computing clusters, data centers, search engine nodes and other high-availability applications.
- GPU servers that generate massively parallel processing power for the most computationally intensive applications. Our GPU servers include NVIDIA Tesla and TITAN X server options.
- Storage servers that deliver maximum capacity and performance in minimal space, with options for network-attached storage, nearline storage, and JBOD storage expansion. Our storage solutions also include cloud storage server and SATA storage server options.
- Tower servers for small businesses that don't need dedicated servers or rack-dense solutions.
- Blade servers for highly parallel computing workloads that deliver maximum affordability, reduced management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI and savings on acquisition costs. We also offer blade storage server options.
Additionally, we provide a wide variety of systems and workstation solutions, including workstations with Supermicro Thunderbolt technology.
FAQs: How much does a server or storage server cost?
How much does a server or storage server cost?
The cost of a server or storage server varies widely and depends on the performance, capacity, and features that the server offers.
What are the factors involved in server and storage costs?
Server and storage costs are impacted by:
- Speed of performance – faster processors enable higher throughput and IOPS but also increase server and storage cost.
- Capacity of drives – the higher your storage capacity, the higher your server and storage cost will be.
- Quality of components – servers and storage solutions can be built with a wide range of components. Many deliver higher performance or longer product lifecycle but also help to increase the cost of a machine.
Speak with an Expert Configurator at 1-800-371-1212