Server computers are mission-critical devices
As the demands on data centers continue to grow at a rapid pace, IT architects need access to highly reliable sources for server computers that can deliver superior performance, flexibility, and value. Servers today are mission-critical devices responsible for a wide range of increasingly complex and computationally intensive tasks. Reliability is key, but IT architects must also balance quality with cost and with the need for customized, future-proofed solutions that allow the data center to evolve easily and affordably.
For server computers that check each of these boxes, many companies today turn to white box solutions from Thinkmate, a premier provider of custom computer and server equipment since 1986.
Types of server computers
The variety of server computers has expanded considerably in recent years as demands on servers have grown exponentially. Today, IT teams have the choice of a wide range of server computers, including:
- Rackmount servers. These server computers are designed for installation and standard server racks which provide optimal cooling and organization in a space-saving design.
- Tower servers. These servers, generally intended for smaller businesses, can handle a wide range of business applications such as databases, email and web servers, and corporate networking.
- Blade servers. Blade servers are the most high-density server, packing more processors into a smaller space than any other server computers. Multiple blade servers can be housed in a blade chassis which provides centralized functions such as power, cooling and interconnects for each server.
- GPU-accelerated servers. Servers with graphics processing units (GPUs) are designed for massive parallel processing and are often used for computationally intensive applications such as machine learning and deep learning.
- High-density servers. High-density servers deliver more computing power in a minimal amount of space, enabling organizations to increase compute performance without significantly expanding the data center footprint.
Server computers from Thinkmate
Thinkmate is a world-class provider of custom server computers and storage systems for businesses, government agencies, and educational institutions. Offering cutting-edge technology, superior customer service, and highly competitive prices, we also provide deep technical knowledge to help our customers solve data center challenges with custom-configured computer solutions.
Configuring custom server computers with Thinkmate is simple. You can start by choosing a base model from our many options for servers and storage solutions and customize your machine by adding or removing components to meet your exact requirements. Our pricing is transparent and clearly marked – you'll always know exactly how much each individual component costs – and you'll see a total cost for your configured device at the top of the page as you build it.
When customizing server computers from Thinkmate, you can always get assistance from our expert solution architects to find the options you need, to answer questions about technologies or to ensure that all your choices of components are compatible and will deliver optimal performance.
A broad range of server technologies
Options for server computers from Thinkmate include:
- Rackmount servers. The Thinkmate RAX series is a flexible line of rackmount servers in form factors from 1U to 4U that provide support for the latest technologies in CPU, GPU, networking, memory and storage. With performance-per-watt savings that lead the industry, our next-generation line of RAX servers deliver energy efficiency, scalability, and excellent value.
- High-density servers. The Thinkmate HDX series increases computing density while minimizing costs, energy and space requirements. These servers feature innovative designs that enable up to 8 systems to operate in the same physical space and are designed for a broad variety of computationally intensive applications such as manufacturing, medical imaging, quantum chemistry, genomics and HPC environments.
- GPU-accelerated servers. The Thinkmate GPX series features NVIDIA Tesla GPUs and offers massively parallel processing power with unrivaled networking flexibility. With performance and quality optimized for the most computationally intensive applications, our GPU servers accelerate the most demanding HPC, hyperscale, and enterprise data center workloads.
- Blade servers. Thinkmate BLADE servers provide a host of benefits that distinguish these technologically advanced devices from traditional rackmount solutions and from competitors' blade products. Thinkmate BLADE servers deliver high scalability, optimal ROI, low power consumption, reduced management costs and maximum affordability, even for acquisition costs.
- Tower servers. Thinkmate TWX servers are designed for small businesses where rackmount or dedicated servers are not required. These machines are ideal for business-critical applications like databases, email, corporate networking, and network-attached storage.
In addition to server computers, Thinkmate provides many options for storage servers. Whether you're seeking a GIGABYTE storage server for software-defined storage, or a 1U Atom server like the Supermicro Atom server, you'll find a wide range of SSD and SATA storage server products that can deliver high drive density with maximum storage capacity along with options for a super fast storage server or the biggest storage server available.
Thinkmate: Your #1 source for server computers
When you source your server computers from Thinkmate, you'll be working with the company that has been the #1 white box solutions provider for more than 20 years. Our servers, storage systems, and workstation solutions offer:
- Exceptional reliability and superior quality, thanks to an extensive quality control process that enables us to deliver the most reliable computer systems in the industry.
- A standard 3-year warranty with advanced parts replacement at no extra cost, with options to upgrade to longer warranties.
- Equipment that is made in the USA in our state-of-the-art facilities near Boston, Massachusetts.
- Outstanding customer service – our team knows that Thinkmate machines are often deployed in mission-critical situations, and we provide superior services to answer questions, resolve issues and help to configure equipment to make sure our customers have the technology they need.
- Complete customization with an online quoting and ordering system that has more customizable options than any other system builder on the web.
FAQs: What are server computers?
What are server computers?
Server computers are computing devices designed to process requests from and deliver data to other computers, or clients, over a network or Internet connection. Most servers are dedicated to supporting specialized tasks such as serving files, websites or email systems.
What are custom server computers?
Custom servers are server computers that have been configured to the exact requirements of a customer's data center environment. In contrast, off-the-shelf servers are products manufactured by large-scale integrators, often big-name brands, that produce machines with a standard set of commonly used features and functionalities. Custom servers enable customers to equip their data centers with tailored server solutions while paying only for the features they require.
Speak with an Expert Configurator at 1-800-371-1212