Maximize capacity with a SATA storage server
When you need to maximize storage capacity while minimizing storage costs, a SATA storage server offers large capacity drives with an excellent cost per gigabyte stored. Ideal for sequential read/writes and secondary storage workloads, a SATA storage server is the workhorse of modern data storage solutions.
As a world-class provider of data center servers and storage systems, Thinkmate offers a wide selection of SATA storage servers that can be custom configured to meet the requirements of any data center, along with exceptionally competitive pricing that allows you to affordably provision the storage solutions you need.
Benefits of a SATA storage server
Storage servers are typically configured with SATA drives or SAS drives. SAS drives tend to be faster and more reliable, but are much more expensive and offer smaller capacity. When compared to servers built with SAS drives, a SATA storage server provides:
- Higher capacity. A SATA storage server can deliver a very large storage capacity, enabling data center architects to manage rapidly growing volumes of data more easily.
- Lower costs. SATA drives cost approximately 75% less than comparable SAS drives, enabling a SATA storage server to deliver a far lower cost per gigabyte stored. And because SATA drives use less power than a server with SAS drives, it costs less to operate a SATA storage server.
- RAID solutions. Because a SATA drive excels at sequential reads/writes, it works quite well in a large RAID-protected array.
- Secondary storage. SATA drives have a slower read/write than SAS drives, making a SATA storage server ideal for secondary rather than primary storage.
A SATA storage server from Thinkmate
Thinkmate has been providing customers in business, education, and government with custom-built server and storage solutions for more than 25 years. Offering cutting edge servers, storage solutions, and workstations, we custom build every machine that leaves our state-of-the-art facilities, enabling our customers to count on incredibly reliable equipment that is ideally suited to their computing environments.
SATA storage servers from Thinkmate are available in form factors from 1U to 4U and can be easily configured using our world-class online configurator. After choosing a base model from our NAS, Nearline, or JBOD lines of story servers, you'll have a choice of processors, memory, network cards, PCIe cards, operating systems, software and more. You can also choose from a wide range of SATA hard disk drives and solid-state drives, enabling you to configure a SATA storage server that perfectly meets your needs.
Options for SATA storage
At Thinkmate, we offer several lines of storage solutions that feature SATA storage drives.
- NAS storage servers. Our network-attached storage solutions offer low-cost, bulk scale-out storage that supports a wide variety of workloads including 24x7 cloud data centers, replicated data environments, content delivery networks, filesharing, web content storage, and more.
- Nearline storage servers. Our storage servers for nearline storage offer the predictable and reliable performance required for high-capacity storage in multi-drive server systems. Built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads, these systems offer HDD capacities of up to 8TB with a choice of SATA or SAS interfaces.
- JBOD storage. Our JBOD storage expansion units provide dependable, high-capacity storage for RAID arrays or JBOD expansion. These SATA storage servers are perfect for consolidating archives and backups from the central storage server or for increasing storage capacity on existing systems.
Thinkmate: Your best source for SATA storage servers
When you build a SATA storage server, a 24 bay server or an online storage server with Thinkmate, you can count on:
- Exceptional quality. Our track record of providing servers, storage and workstations of exceptional quality has enabled us to remain a premier solutions provider for more than 25 years.
- Outstanding service. When you contact us by phone, email or chat to get assistance configuring your server, to find answers to questions or to resolve issues, you'll always find a real person who is dedicated to doing everything in their power to make sure you're satisfied with your equipment and your Thinkmate shopping experience.
- Superior reliability. Our rigorous stress testing protocols and detailed reliability records have enabled us to build a strong reputation for reliability.
- USA-made equipment. Every Thinkmate machine is built and tested in our state-of-the-art facilities in Massachusetts.
- Remarkable value. Because we have the same relationships with direct suppliers as the big-name manufacturers, we can offer pricing that is equal to or better than our competitors.
FAQs: What is a SATA storage server?
What is a SATA storage server?
A SATA storage server is a computer server dedicated to data storage that uses SATA hard disk drives or solid-state drives. A SATA drive uses a bus interface that connects host bus adapters to mass storage devices with a serial link – a single cable with four or more wires that create a point-to-point connection between devices.
What are the advantages of a SATA storage server?
SATA storage servers offer more capacity than the alternative SAS drives and have a much lower server storage cost – a SATA drive costs about one-quarter of SAS drives of the same capacity. SATA drives also use less power, helping to minimize the cost of operation.
Speak with an Expert Configurator at 1-800-371-1212