Managing your data center with custom rackmount servers
As the needs of your data center evolve, custom rackmount servers and storage devices deliver the flexibility, simplicity and affordability you need to easily expand and modify your compute and storage capacity. Rather than being stuck with the form factors, features and components selected by a large-scale integrator, custom server rack devices allow you to get and pay for the exact functionality you require.
As a leading provider of custom servers, storage solutions and workstations for more than 25 years, Thinkmate provides a broad range of custom rackmount solutions to serve the needs – and fit the budget – of any data center.
The benefits of custom rackmount servers
Custom rackmount servers and storage solutions offer significant advantages to IT architects and the data centers they manage.
Rackmount servers provide:
- Increased airflow for easier ventilation, protecting the equipment from overheating and potentially reducing the cost of providing external cooling.
- Easier maintenance and organization of cables and power cords.
- Space-saving design, enabling more compute and storage power to be packed into a smaller footprint.
- Stronger security (when a server rack has a locked enclosure) that prevents unauthorized access to servers.
Additionally, with the ability to choose products for a custom server rack, data center teams can acquire equipment that meets their performance requirements and equipment lifecycle needs while remaining within strict budget constraints.
No one builds custom rackmount servers like Thinkmate
Thinkmate provides a broad range of customized server, storage and workstation solutions for customers in business, government and education. With a superior commitment to customer service and leading-edge technology, we have been the #1 white box server solutions provider for nearly 20 years. Delivering expert support, competitive prices and a superior shopping experience, our focus is on building quality, reliable systems and maintaining great relationships with our customers.
Our options for custom rackmount servers include:
- RAX rackmount servers. This is our most flexible line of custom rackmount servers, designed for a wide range of applications. Devices are available in form factors from 1U to 4U and provide support for the latest technologies in CPU, GPU, storage, networking and memory while delivering industry-leading performance-per-watt savings.
- HDX high-density servers. Our HDX systems make it possible to operate and maintain up to eight systems in the same physical space. By increasing computing density while reducing cost, energy and space needs, our HDX custom rackmount servers offer industry-leading density for HPC computing cluster, data centers, data farms, search engine nodes and other high-availability allocations.
- GPX GPU servers. Offering massively parallel processing power, our GPX servers provide unrivaled flexibility with up to four GPUs in a single 1U. Optimized for the most computationally intensive applications, our custom rackmount GPX servers are ideal for HPC environments, medical imaging, quantum chemistry, financial simulation and other fields.
In addition to custom rackmount servers, we offer custom tower servers as well as blade servers that are the most technologically advanced systems in the industry.
Custom rackmount storage from Thinkmate
Our STX line of custom rackmount storage servers provide the highest drive density with maximum storage capacity. Ideal for use in enterprise, data center and cloud computing environments, our STX bay server series features hot-swappable drives and high-efficiency power supplies and cooling fans that deliver high-availability and easy maintenance. Our storage rack server products include:
- Network-attached storage (NAS). Our STX-NS devices offer low-cost bulk storage that is ideal for vast amounts of unstructured data and moderate workloads, 24x7 cloud data centers, scale-out storage, replicated data environments and more.
- Nearline storage. Our STX-NL servers provide high-capacity storage with predictable and reliable performance for enterprise-class nearline workloads.
- JBOD storage expansion. Our JBOD units provide dependable, high-capacity storage expansion options and are ideal for consolidating archives and backups or increasing storage capacity on existing systems.
Why choose custom rackmount devices from Thinkmate?
When you choose Thinkmate for your custom rackmount servers and storage solutions, you can count on:
- An award-winning 3-year warranty with advanced parts replacement at no extra cost.
- Made-in-the-USA equipment, stressed-tested in our state-of-the-art facilities near Boston, Massachusetts.
- Highly competitive pricing, thanks to our strong relationships with direct suppliers.
- 100% customized solutions – every machine is custom-built to your exact needs on our world-class configurator.
- Exceptional customer service where you can always speak with a live person to get answers to questions and resolution of issues.
FAQs: What is a custom rackmount server?
What is a custom rackmount server?
A custom rackmount server is a server or storage device that can be installed in a standard server rack and that is built to a customer's exact specifications, rather than being configured by a manufacturer with a general or common set of features.
What are the benefits of a custom rack mount server?
By choosing custom rackmount equipment, data center managers can ensure they're getting storage and server solutions that meet their exact needs for performance, capacity, form factor and product lifecycle while remaining within their budget for equipment.
Speak with an Expert Configurator at 1-800-371-1212