Choosing the best quiet PC
When your workspace requires a silent desktop computer, you'll find the best quiet PC options at Thinkmate. Our VSX workstations are expertly designed to provide leading-edge performance and low-noise operation, thanks to a dual-chamber chassis that maximizes sound absorption and ultra-quiet components that reduce power, heat and cooling requirements to provide virtually silent operation. With a 3-year warranty and unmatched customer service, we are confident our workstations are among the best quiet PC products on the market.
How to create the best quiet PC
The best silent PC products use a variety of technologies to address the major sources of noise within a computer workstation. These include:
- Fan noise generated by fans for CPUs, video cards and power supplies. There are two strategies for minimizing fan noise to build the most silent PC: reducing the heat generated by the computer components, therefore reducing the need for fans to cool the system, and using noiseless heat sinks or specially designed fans that produce less noise themselves.
- Air turbulence created by the flow of air passing over the internal components within the computer case. When airflow is blocked by a variety of cables and components, the flow of air will produce more noise. Consequently, arranging cables and components so as not to impede airflow can help to significantly minimize sound.
- Vibration from hard disk drives. Standard hard disk drives use spinning platters to store data, and these parts can produce both vibration and a slight hum from the friction of moving parts. Using solid-state drives with no moving parts can greatly reduce this source of sound.
- The electrical whine from the electrical coils within power supplies and the transformers used in motherboards and other parts. Electrical whine can be reduced by using components that require less electricity to operate and by using low-noise parts designed to minimize excessive whine. Special insulation within the computer case can help to dampen and contain the noise as well.
Thinkmate: the best quiet PC provider
Thinkmate has been a world-class provider of custom computer and server equipment for more than 25 years. Today we offer VSX workstations that are among the best quiet PC options on the market. Balancing leading-edge performance with low-noise operation, these ultra-quiet PC workstations feature special heatsinks and fans and a low-noise chassis with fourth-generation silent design. Each workstation can be customized with the Thinkmate's online configurator, which features more customizable options than any other system builder on the web. And when questions arise or the exact configuration for your requirements isn't clear, our expert solution architects are happy to help you find the best quiet PC for your needs.
Components of Thinkmate's best quiet PC products
To configure the best quiet PC workstation with Thinkmate, you'll have a choice of:
- Processors, including 1 or 2 Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7/i9 Processors, Intel® Core™ X-series Processors, Intel® Xeon® W Processors or Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
- Maximum RAM, with up to 2TB DDR4 ECC RDIMMs
- PCIe slots, with Up to 7 PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
- Drive bays, with up to 8 SATA drive bays
- GPUs, with a choice of 1 or 2 graphical processing units
To produce the best quiet PC products, we build each VSX workstation with:
- A dual-chamber chassis expertly engineered to reduce heat by increasing airflow, to minimize noise by isolating the power supply from other components, and to absorb sound with a three-layer wall construction and soundproofing insulation for a system so quiet you'll forget that it's running.
- Silent power PC technology, including flat, low-profile modular cables that can be easily routed to increase airflow.
- A high-efficiency design that reduces heat generation by minimizing electricity usage.
- Specially designed heatsinks and fans, including an ultra-quiet 120 mm double ball bearing fan that is regulated by an intelligent fan speed system.
- A 3-year warranty with advanced parts replacement. You'll also have the option to upgrade to a 5-year warranty with advanced replacement or next business day on-site service.
- A customer service team where you can always talk to real people, not robots, to resolve your issues quickly.
Why Thinkmate makes the best quiet PC computers
Advantages of a quiet PC computer from Thinkmate include:
- Extraordinary quality – our components and machines go through an extensive quality control process and are tested in harsh conditions to ensure they can deliver the functionality our customers require.
- Highly competitive pricing – because we have the same direct relationship with suppliers as the big-name manufacturers, we can offer prices on the best quiet PC workstations that are as good as or better than our competitors.
- USA-made equipment – every machine produced by Thinkmate is built in our state-of-the-art facilities in Norwood, Massachusetts.
- Remarkable reliability – our stress-testing protocols and detailed reliability records have helped us win a hard-earned reputation for reliability.
FAQs: What is the best quiet PC?
What is the best quiet PC?
While there are many options for a quiet computer, the best quiet PC is one with components that eliminate or drastically reduce noise, that offers superior performance and affordability, and that can be customized to meet highly specific technical requirements.
How is the best quiet PC constructed?
The best quiet PCs are built with components that significantly reduce the power required to run the machine and the amount of heat it produces, minimizing or eliminating the need for fans. A completely silent PC usually uses a fanless heat sink instead of fans. The best silent PCs also are built with silent solid-state drives rather than noisier hard disk drives.
Speak with an Expert Configurator at 1-800-371-1212