The bay server is the workhorse of the modern data center, providing the expandable performance and capacity that organizations need to keep pace with rapidly growing data volumes and application requirements. Superior bay servers must not only deliver exceptional performance, but the highest performance per watt and highest performance per dollar as well.
When you need to source a 12 bay server, a 24 bay server, or even a 72 bay server to equip a new data center or upgrade your existing equipment, Thinkmate provides a wide range of bay servers and storage servers that can be easily customized to your needs.
Since 1986, Thinkmate has been a premier provider of custom servers, storage solutions and workstations for a broad variety of customers in business, education and government. By delivering cutting-edge equipment at exceptionally competitive prices along with highly attentive customer service and industry-leading reliability, we have maintained our position as the #1 white box server solutions provider for more than 20 years.
Every bay server from Thinkmate can be completely customized to your needs. Our world-class configurator offers more customizable options than any other online system builder, giving you the power to quickly and easily price and order the equipment you require.
Configuring a bay server with Thinkmate is easy – simply start with a base model server or storage server based on the form factor, platform or maximum RAM you require. Then add or swap out components such as processors, memory, hard drives, SSD drives, network cards, controller cards, operating systems, software and more. The price of every component is clearly marked, providing complete cost transparency as you build your machine. You can even see a running total for the configured price at the top of the page, which will be revised with each item you add or subtract.
If you can't find exactly what you need as you're configuring a bay server, our expert solution architects are readily available to answer questions or help you configure the ideal system.
Our selection of bay servers includes:
We also offer blade servers that are among the most technologically advanced systems in the industry, providing benefits such as maximum affordability, lower power consumption, high scalability and optimal ROI.
Thinkmate offers enterprise-ready bay storage servers that deliver truly flexible and fully customizable solutions for network-attached storage, nearline storage, software-defined storage and other storage architectures.
Our bay storage servers include:
We also offer best-in-class, large storage server options from top brands, including a GIGABYTE storage server with 12-72 drive bays as well as servers from Supermicro with up to 90 drive bays, our biggest storage server option.
When you're ready to provision a bay server, there are five excellent reasons to source your equipment from Thinkmate.
1. Exceptional reliability. We have earned a hard-won reputation for reliability, thanks to detailed reliability records and our own stress-testing protocols. That enables us to offer a standard 3-year warranty with advanced parts replacement at no extra cost on every Thinkmate machine, with flexible options to upgrade to as much as 5 years with advanced parts replacement and next-day business service on-site.
2. Competitive prices. We have the same relationships with direct suppliers as the large-scale integrators and big-name brands, so we can offer prices that meet or beat our competitors' offers.
3. Made in the USA equipment. Thinkmate machines are produced at our state-of-the-art facilities near Boston, Massachusetts.
4. Outstanding customer service. Every member of our company – not just our customer service team – is dedicated to delivering the best possible service to our customers and doing everything in their power to answer questions, help with configurations, resolve issues and make sure you get what you need. Plus, you'll always find a live person when you email or chat with our customer service team.
5. 100% customizability. Every Thinkmate machine is customized to the exact specifications that our clients require for their data centers.
A bay server is a computer server with drive bays for hardware where hard drives can be easily installed by sliding a drive into the bay. Drive bays typically come in four form factors – 5.25″, 3.5″, 2.5″ and 1.8″ – that reference the width of the disks within each drive. Servers with more bays can accommodate a greater number of drives and consequently a higher amount of storage.
A hot-swappable drive bay is one that can be removed or added while the server is running, enabling server administrators to quickly add more storage or replace old drives without needing to power down the server.